I really love this. O_O Harry Potter inspired floating candles. These were made from paper towel rolls and battery LEDs. So insanely easy! The link has TONS and tons of ideas for an entire Harry Potter themed party, including menu ideas and lots of DIY decor. Definitely worth checking out. See it all here.
DIY Carved Foam Pumpkin Skeleton Diorama Tutorial from The Art of Doing Stuff here. I’m going to Michaels after Halloween to buy everything on huge clearance and maybe will do this depending on what’s left after Hurricane/Storm Sandy passes. GIF by me.
DIY Halloween Apothecary Jars’ Tutorial from Magia Mia. Turn plastic vitamin bottles into creepy apothecary jars using a glue gun and chalkboard paint.
Poison Toffee Apples for HalloweenIngredients
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cups water
- ½ cup liquid glucose/light corn syrup
- few drops black gel food colouring
- 6 Granny Smith apples (or 12 small apples)Instructions
- Grease a piece of baking paper and place on a tray/baking sheet.
- Insert bamboo skewers in all the apples and set aside.
- In a medium pot, combine the sugar, water, glucose/corn syrup and food colouring and stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture feels smooth when you rub it between your fingers.
- When the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up and wash the sides of the pot down with a pastry brush dipped into clean water to prevent crystals from forming.
- Allow the caramel to boil until it reaches the hard crack stage (150°c/310°F).
- Carefully dip the apples into the hot candy mixture and place on the baking paper to set and cool for approximately an hour before serving.
This is a really great idea.